A warm feeling permeates the already crisp autumn air, in the distance dozens of happy feet cross their paths, and the peculiarly inviting smell of lamp oil lingers over the meadows of Mauerpark… it’s time for the Autumn Burn again!
Every autumn equinox our Berlin Fire and Flow community comes together to say our goodbyes to the summer, and invite the new season into our hearts.
This year too, we are very much looking forward to greeting all of you when you’re coming back from the summer holidays and music festivals, and celebrate our last great fire event of the year together.
And, dear fire souls, this year the Autumn Burn is on Friday the 23th of September!
Now, for the most important details
- Location: Amphitheater in Mauerpark
- Time: 18:00 Meet up & preparation
- Ignite the fire: +/- 19:00
- Dippingstation: Present
- Music: Present
- Lamp oil: We will provide an ample supply of high quality lamp oil – so please throw an appropriate donation in the hats!
Even more important
- Safety: wear cotton clothes, watch your hair, be considerate of other players, no fire breathing, make sure you are sufficiently sober when playing.
- Consideration: Tools are always shaken out, don’t spill lamp oil on the ground (spin off’s), use the fire blankets, leave no trace.
And as last point
- Film & Aftermovie: there will be somebody filming and creating an aftermovie, if you prefer not to be on camera please mention that to the cameraman, and he will try (!) to keep you out of the shots.
- Click here for the previous Autumn Burn 2021 & Autumn Burn 2020 aftermovies.
As the temperatures during the Berlin Autumn nights can go either way, make sure to bring something warm to wear, sit on, and drink.
So, pack your fire tools and hot tea, get the craziest flow outfits out of the closet, and help us make Mauerpark sparkle into the night again!
Your fire crews
Under the harvest moon,
When the soft silver
Over the garden nights,
Death, the gray mocker,
Comes and whispers to you
As a beautiful friend
Under the summer roses
When the flagrant crimson
Lurks in the dusk
Of the wild red leaves,
Love, with little hands,
Comes and touches you
With a thousand memories,
And asks you
Beautiful, unanswerable questions.
Under the harvest moon
By Carl Sandburg